The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead a thoroughly blended worship service and grow the music ministry at LifePoint Church. They must show evidence of a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ through spiritual disciplines (i.e. prayer, Bible study, etc.). Above all else, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ. This person is directly accountable to the Lead Pastor. The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities, which will enable a worship ministry to grow with us.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for LifePoint in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with the mission and vision at LifePoint.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to create and lead a well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship service. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services, recruiting and developing a worship team, and scheduling vocalists and instrumentalists. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Lead Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday services.
- Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading with a guitar and/or keyboard is a plus, but not a requirement. Ability to lead with piano accompaniment is necessary.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Attend regular staff meetings with the church staff, and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of LifePoint Church.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
- When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take no less than 12 and no more than 15 hours per week.
COMPENSATION: TBD based upon experience
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please submit your resume, including a cover letter.